Taking the Stage® (For Women)
Succeeding on Stage™ (For Women)
Niagara: Speaking as a Leader®
Niagara: Communication for the Senior Leader® (Ontario)
Sauder: Communication for the Senior Leader ® (B.C.)
Taking the Stage®
A Two-Day Seminar for Women
By The Humphrey Group
Achieving a Leadership Presence
Women increasingly are playing a prominent role in private and public organizations, but they often do not know how to project a leadership presence. That's because women have been taught to listen, respond, and reinforce. This course shows women how to take the stage, and speak so others listen, believe, and follow them.
This intensive two-day course explores the challenges of working in environments where women have to move beyond traditional behaviours and seek recognition for their views. At the core of the seminar is The Humphrey Group's Leadership Model, which teaches participants how to deliver a clear, convincing message. This is a course about inspirational leadership.
Participants learn how to communicate effectively, and get their points across without sounding shrill, defensive, or tentative. They discover how to achieve a strong presence through message, words, eye contact, pace, body language, and voice. Actor-led workshops provide personalized coaching and each participant will be videotaped and given feedback several times during the course.
Participants will learn to:
- Be assertive rather than aggressive.
- Stop waiting in the "wings".
- Psychologically take the stage.
- Speak with a clear message.
- Use powerful language.
- Avoid female language "traps."
- Develop a leader's voice.
- Use powerful eye contact.
- Adopt a confident physical presence.
What Others Say About The Course
"Thank you for the wonderful experience of Taking the Stage®… I came away with a renewed sense of confidence and many suggestions that I have incorporated into my everyday life."
– Cathy Gunn, Regional Manager, Bell Canada
"Outstanding instructor, candid feedback, and practical information that can be used right away…an extremely valuable session!"
– Christine Swystun, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, Nortel Networks
"You have given me a profound understanding of how important leadership is in every single communication situation."
– Georgia Sievwright, Vice President, Hewlett-Packard
"The videotaping was tough but worthwhile. This is not a run-of-the-mill course!"
– Karen Secord, Human Resources Development Manager, Microsoft
"Keep giving the course… you're fabulous!"
– Mary Jane DeKort, Vice President, Marketing, Mattamy Homes
"Any woman can learn from this course."
– Wendy MacLeod, Project Manager, Network Planning and Provisioning Ontario, Bell Canada